27.9.16

DIY: From Trash to Treasure

Last week I saw these two sad looking little kids chairs sitting out waiting for bulk pick up. I knew new life could be breathed into them, so I snagged them, and now our landfill is two chairs lighter.
They ultimately cost six dollars and some odd cents since I already had the fabric/craft paint/painter's tape. Without further ado, my little craft project!

Materials:
Two cans of Krylon spray paint, paint & primer - satin finish white
Hot glue gun
Waverly fabric (I found it originally at Walmart for something else)
Screwdriver
Painter's tape

And for the seat backs:
Martha Stewart Vintage Decor Paint, Matte Chalk Finish, Antique Sky color


Here's the obligatory before pic, plus a shot of some painter's tape for the tips.


 Once your ends are taped, go ahead and take your project outside and either put it on covered ground or a spot that can take a little paint, and start spraying as per the instructions on the can. Depending on the original chair color, I would recommend at least a few coats. Also, a mask is ideal.


Back inside, cut your fabric so that it will just fold over the chair base. Once folded over, start gluing. Once you get to the corners, you'll need to fold and glue while keeping the material taut.


Isn't it such a pretty fabric? *swoon*
I would highly encourage folks to make marks where the screw holes are underneath the newly glued fabric, it will save some guess work... trust me;)


Once I finished with touching up the chair and added the seat cushions back on, I realized all white was too white. I grabbed some of this Martha Stewart craft paint (exact type referenced in the "Materials") and went to work on part of the seat backs, just the pop of color they needed. 


How fun are these???? I don't think anyone would guess they were left for trash. Perfect for my soon to be two little Abears!




 XO

No comments: