24.3.16

Foodie Fun: Tangy Sautéed Kale


I’ve been discovering more and more how amazingly tasty and versatile kale is. Not too long ago Mr. Abear took me out for a celebratory dinner where I ordered a side of sautéed kale with my meal. I had no idea how delicious it was going to be, and how at-home doable it was! So, recently when with a friend, I decided to try and make my own rendition of it, similar to the dish I had but with my own perception of how it was created, and a little flair.

Ingredients:

8 Cups Fresh Kale

Juice from ½ lemon 

2 cloves of garlic/1 tbsp diced garlic

Pepper to taste

½ Cup Parmesan Cheese flakes mix (and a little more for garnish)

3-4 thinly cut sliced sharp white cheddar

Olive oil for cooking



Here’s the how to:

Grease a pan with olive oil, and throw in a little lemon juice on the bottom to mix in. Sauté the kale until it’s softened, and even a little bit browned on some edges. 

Add in the lemon juice, and slowly stir in the garlic and a little pepper. 


Once the kale is almost completely done cooking, throw in the sharp white cheddar, stir, and finish off with the Parmesan.


 Done! Easy, wasn’t it? To make it one step simpler, you can use pre-squeezed lemon juice and pre-diced garlic. This is a great small meal, or start to something heartier. This go round I used a three cheese Italian blend with Parmesan, but just Parmesan flakes alone are my personal preference!

I lost track of time, but this dish takes roughly 20 minutes to make. Great for an after work dinner, or something to pack for next day’s lunch! Feel free to make this your own with more or less of anything you like!




Bon Appetit!

No comments: