29.3.10

"Staycation"

As much as I dislike the term for some unknown reason, that is exactly what to call the fun little getaway my husband and I had this past weekend.. a staycation. We had intended to go up north for the weekend, but last minute we decided to change our plans and spend a night at a modern little cozy hotel in a nearby city. We watched movies, went out to dinner, and had a very sweet little treat at an old timey restaurant/dessert joint called The Sugar Bowl. There we had some delicious ice cream that the mere memory of brings a craving to my mind, as well as some fun play time in an adjoining room of basketball, ski ball, an arcade game, and 'the claw', where my sweet love won me little 'Bo'. It was just me and my best friend being kids again.. I couldn't ask for anything more perfect than that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is your homework....exactly 6 months from the day you did this you have to go on a date. Just the two of you and recreate this staycation. You might be parents but you were "Dave & Tam" first. Make time just for the two of you. ;Pkim

Unknown said...

aww, what a cute idea! we'll have to do this! :-)